She lives!

Well the engine has now been run! I had some friends to help me out (thanks DrDub and Jeff!). We had a bit of trouble building oil pressure before we started it. First of all the engine was filled with oil (Quantum 15W/40), and the oil filter was filled. The spark plugs were removed and the engine cranked over, but no pressure showed on my gauge, and the idiot light didn't go out. So, I took the oil pressure sender off, and cranked over again. No oil appeared. Next the oil pressure relief valve was removed and checked, it was found to be OK. Next the pump cover was removed. There was a bit of oil in there, but I pumped some more on and around the gears before replacing the cover. Next the filter was removed. This time oil came out of the filter mount. So the filter was screwed back on, and oil was now appearing at the pressure sender. The sender was screwed back on and hay-presto; fuel pressure! So I don't really know why we had this problem, it could of been a pump priming problem, but the pump had graphogen on the gears so it should have. Next time I would probably try and rig up some kind of vacuum priming system, as the engine had to be cranked over without oil pressure much more than I would have liked.